NOTICE! THIS IS WORK IN PROGRESS!
Welcome to the landing page of the original PlayStation 2 (PS2) video game system. This page contains some technical specification of the system, highlights its game library, other facts and pictures.
- Japan: 4th of March 2000
- North America: 26th of October 2000
- Europe: 24th of November 2000
- CPU: MIPS R5900 Emotion Engine running at 294.912 MHz
- Memory: 32 MB of RDRAM as system RAM, 4 MB of eDRAM as VRAM. Flash memory via Memory Cards.
- GPU: Graphics Synthesizer running at 150 Mhz
- Resolutions: Progressive: 240p, 480p. Interlaced: 480i, upscaled 1080i
- Sound: PCM 2ch 48KHz, Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1
- Games format: CD-ROM and DVD-ROM
Some essential games
- Gran Turismo 4
- Final Fantasy X
- Tekken 5
- Ridge Racer V
- SSX 3
- Ratchet & Clank
- Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- God of War
- Soul Calibur II
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
- Canis Canem Edit/Bully
- Devil May Cry
- Pro Evolution Soccer 3
- Need For Speed: Underground 2
- Star Wars: Battlefront 2
- Madden NFL 2005
- Max Payne
- Silent Hill 2
- Burnout 3: Takedown
You must be logged in to post a comment.